19th June 2021
Please check this page regularly to keep updated on parish information.
We are continuing to take precautions. You must bring and wear a mask, sanitise your hands when you come into the church, maintain a two meter (6 feet) distance from each other. Please sit in the chairs provided but do not move them.
Our priority is the safety of all, priest and people.
Before you leave the church, please take all your belongings with you. Please bin all tissues and do not leave it on your seat or on the floor of the church. Help protect the health of those who clean the church.
We remind people that there is no requirement to return to Mass and that the Sunday Obligation has been lifted for now.
It would be helpful if those who can attend on a weekday do so and leave Saturday and Sunday free for those who cannot attend during the week.
- You can now register yourself for the 11 O’clock Sunday morning mass by email.
All registration for Sunday Mass must be in by Thursday 1pm so that the Parish secretary can register the limited number allowed and inform you if all places have been filled.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and supply the following information:
In the “Subject” space type “Sunday Mass”
1. Then give your name.
2. Number of Adults (over 12 years)
3. Number of children
4. Telephone number
5. Date of the Sunday mass you wish to attend
- Alternatively you can telephone the parish to register on 020 8641 7458 Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10.30am and 1.00pm only.
- Or you may come to the parish office on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10.00am and 1.00pm only to fill in the form.
- No pre-registration required for weekday or Saturday mass.
- For all masses, please come at least 15 minutes before mass starts. You may not enter the church once mass starts.
- The church is also open for private prayer at any time. You may enter through the door at the back of the church next to the parking lot.
- It may be possible to have a Saturday 6pm mass and another mass on Sunday at 9.00am only if more parishioners wish to attend and we have stewards and helpers to clean and sanitise the church after the mass. Please let me know your thoughts.
SICK AND HOUSEBOUND OF THE PARISH
In charity, let us remember to pray and care for all in the parish who are unwell:
Mervyn Maciel, Suzie Beckles, Maureen Price, Eileen Rendle, Margaret Sully, Sheila Albutt
GIFT AID, OFFERTORY COLLECTION, SECOND COLLECTIONS
A collection drop-off basket will be placed on the altar at the back of the church if you wish to drop off your offertory contribution.
If you would like to become Gift Aid Donors you can find more details here.
You will also find “Standing Order” instructions if you wish to contribute to Holy Family Parish in that way.
More work needs to be done on the roof of the hall where there is serious damp on the ceiling of the Margaret Nolan room and the ceiling of the Boiler room is damaged. The roof of the priest’s house also needs to be looked at. Looking ahead the Church needs to be completely redecorated, the electrical wiring completely overhauled/replaced, together with the Sound System and Safety features updated. Some fellow Parishioners have asked, “Why now?”. Well the answer is, we have been very lucky as a Parish, with virtually no major maintenance expenditure, for over thirty years of the Church’s life, but sadly, like all buildings, that has now got to be addressed.
UPDATE ON REPAIRS
With your help some work was done in the church and hall.
- The leak in the Margaret Nolan room has been fixed and I am waiting for the room to be redecorated.
- More work needs to be done on the roof over the Stage roof and the Boiler room.
- Urgent work need to be done in the hall bathrooms where damp is causing health and safety risks. It also need to be refurbished for public use and access for disabled.
- The stage and the store rooms need to be cleared and furnished for practical use.
- The hall kitchenette needs updating.
- The Tabernacle has been moved to a central location behind the Altar on the Sanctuary.
- The electrical wiring has been tidied up and lighting improved. I am hoping to have the lights changed to energy saving LED bulbs.
- The windows have been repaired.
- The water tanks in the room over the sacristy needs to be removed.
- The Church toilets need to be renovated.
Work will also have to be done on the surroundings of the building in order to comply with the Health and Safety regulations.
Some of the work has been done with the help of your contributions for roof repairs and general building work.
Thank you to all of you for your generosity.
Let us continue to look after our Church that it may be a place of safety and comfort to those who worship here.
ST GEORGE’S HOSPITAL CHAPLAIN
If you or a family member are admitted to St George’s Hospital and would like to see a priest, please contact Fr Mark Higgins, the hospital chaplain on 020 8725 3069 or e-mail email@example.com. In an emergency, please ask the ward staff or 020 8672 1255 (switchboard) to contact the priest on call.
HEARING AID INDUCTION LOOP SYSTEM
Please put their hearing aids on the ‘T’ setting when in church to get the clearest reception of services
Thank you to the Safeguarding team, Members of the various groups in the parish will soon be instructed on what they will need to do with regards to DBS check.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION UPDATE
If you have any questions about what constitutes personal data or anything else which relates to GDPR please contact The Diocesan Finance Office via email: GPDR@finance-rcdsouthwark.org or call 020 7960 2500