Please check this page and I will keep you updated on the situation as it develops.
If you are unable to leave your home for any reason please phone me and leave a message if I am not here. You may also contact me by email. There are a number of parishioners who are willing to go shopping, collect your medication or run other errands for you. I would like to thank you all for your concern for those who are vulnerable. Keep well and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
My private email address is: email@example.com
Fr Patrick Ryan
8th November 2020, 32nd Sunday ordinary time (year A)
LET US REMEMBER ALL WHO HAVE DIED RECENTLY
Let us remember those who have died and their families with love and affection during this time of grief. May the Lord grant eternal rest to all who have died.
+ Carlito Caluya, R.I.P.
+ John Thompson, R.I.P.
+ Loretto Angela Puckey, R.I.P.
+ Cyril Michael Murray, R.I.P.
A memorial mass will be celebrated on Friday 27th November 2020 at 8pm for all who have died, especially those whose funerals took place in this church during the year. If there is someone you loved whose funeral took place in this parish between September 2017 and the present and would like to have their names mentioned at the memorial mass please let me know their name and the date on which they died.
You may send me the name of your loved one by post, e-mail, text or just telephone and leave a message.
Fr Patrick Ryan
Due to recent COVID-19 restrictions – all weekly masses can only be LIVESTREAMED until further notice. (watch it via Holy Family Facebook Page)
WHEN THE DOORS OF THE CHURCH ARE OPENED FOR PUBLIC MASSES THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS WILL APPLY FOR ALL WHO WISH TO ATTEND MASS AT HOLY FAMILY
- Entrance and exit doors will be held open at the beginning and end of Mass to prevent people from touching door handles, knobs, or push plates.
- Church windows will be left open to improve air circulation.
- Please always follow the directions of the ushers.
- Maintain the 2 meters of safe distancing.
- Face masks must be worn by all during the entire Mass, except when receiving Holy Communion.
- Restrooms will be inaccessible/closed during Mass.
- The Chapel will be cleaned, and all high touch areas disinfected at the end of every day.
- Additionally, those who attend Mass in the Chapel will be provided sanitizing hand wash.
- The seating capacity due to social distancing for the Masses at Holy Family will be limited to 30 individuals
- Please remain seated.
- For Holy Communion, the faithful will remain in their places.
- The priest will sanitize his hands prior to distributing Holy Communion.
- The Priest will instruct you when to approach the sanctuary for Communion.
- You will approach the priest one at a time to receive communion.
- The priest, wearing face mask, will approach you and stop approximately at arm’s length.
- You will need to remove your face mask in preparation to receive the Body of Christ.
- The priest will say: Body of Christ, and you will respond: Amen.
- Extend your hand to receive the Host on your hand
- Then step aside place the Body of Christ carefully and reverently into your mouth.
- Replace your mask over your nose and mouth and return to your seat.
- A collection drop-off basket will be placed on the altar at the back of the church if you wish to drop off your offertory contribution.
MASS AND INTENTIONS OF THIS WEEK
Please check here for this week mass and intentions.
GIFT AID, OFFERTORY COLLECTION, SECOND COLLECTIONS
If you would like to become Gift Aid Donors you can find more details here.
More work needs to be done on the roof of the hall where there is serious damp on the ceiling of the Margaret Nolan room and the ceiling of the Boiler room is damaged. The roof of the priest’s house also needs to be looked at. Looking ahead the Church needs to be completely redecorated, the electrical wiring completely overhauled/replaced, together with the Sound System and Safety features updated. Some fellow Parishioners have asked, “Why now?”. Well the answer is, we have been very lucky as a Parish, with virtually no major maintenance expenditure, for over thirty years of the Church’s life, but sadly, like all buildings, that has now got to be addressed.
BAPTISMS AND MARRIAGES
Please pray for all the children who were baptised during the year that their relationship with Jesus grows stronger day by day. And pray for parents that they may be true to their promise to bring up their children in the practice of the Faith. For any future – please contact me in good time (do not set a date until you have seen the priest).
- For Baptism of infants let me know as soon as you know you are going to have a baby.
- For Marriages – A minimum of 6 (six) months’ notice is required for the Pre-nuptial enquiry and preparation to take place.
- If your child was baptised in this parish and you have not received a certificate, misplaced or lost it, you can still obtain a Please feel free to come and collect a replacement certificate. JPR
SICK AND HOUSEBOUND OF THE PARISH
In charity, let us remember to pray and care for all in the parish who are unwell:
Mervyn Maciel, Suzie Beckles, Maureen Price, Eileen Rendle, Aida Sidbal, Margaret Sully, Sheila Albutt
ST GEORGE’S HOSPITAL CHAPLAIN
If you or a family member are admitted to St George’s Hospital and would like to see a priest, please contact Fr Mark Higgins, the hospital chaplain on 020 8725 3069 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. In an emergency, please ask the ward staff or 020 8672 1255 (switchboard) to contact the priest on call.
HEARING AID INDUCTION LOOP SYSTEM
Please put their hearing aids on the ‘T’ setting when in church to get the clearest reception of services.
Kind regards, Pat McGuinness
Thank you to the Safeguarding team, Members of the various groups in the parish will soon be instructed on what they will need to do with regards to DBS check.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION UPDATE
If you have any questions about what constitutes personal data or anything else which relates to GDPR please contact The Diocesan Finance Office via email: GPDR@finance-rcdsouthwark.org or call 020 7960 2500