18th September 2021
Please check this page regularly to keep updated on parish information.
Our priority is the safety of all, priest and people.
Before you leave the church, please take all your belongings with you. Please bin all tissues and do not leave it on your seat or on the floor of the church. Help protect the health of those who clean the church.
- For all masses, please arrive at least 15 minutes before mass starts.
FROM SEPTEMBER 2021
Weekday masses on Tuesday and Thursday will return to 9.30am
On Fridays the mass will be in the evening at 7.30pm
On Saturday’s the morning Mass will be at 9.30
(As usual there will no masses in church on Mondays and Wednesdays)
OUR WEEKEND MASS TIMES WILL RETURN TO OUR PRE-COVID SCHEDULE:
– Saturday (vigil mass) 6.00pm
– Sunday 9.30am and 11.00am
The Turkish community in Sutton have invited us to a family picnic lunch on our church grounds:
On the 19th of September 2021, after 11:00am mass (approx. 12:15pm). All are welcome.
SICK AND HOUSEBOUND OF THE PARISH
In charity, let us remember to pray and care for all in the parish who are unwell:
Mervyn Maciel, Suzie Beckles, Maureen Price, Eileen Rendle, Margaret Sully, Sheila Albutt
GIFT AID, OFFERTORY COLLECTION, SECOND COLLECTIONS
A collection drop-off basket will be placed on the altar at the back of the church if you wish to drop off your offertory contribution.
If you would like to become Gift Aid Donors you can find more details here.
You will also find “Standing Order” instructions if you wish to contribute to Holy Family Parish in that way.
More work needs to be done on the roof of the hall where there is serious damp on the ceiling of the Margaret Nolan room and the ceiling of the Boiler room is damaged. The roof of the priest’s house also needs to be looked at. Looking ahead the Church needs to be completely redecorated, the electrical wiring completely overhauled/replaced, together with the Sound System and Safety features updated. Some fellow Parishioners have asked, “Why now?”. Well the answer is, we have been very lucky as a Parish, with virtually no major maintenance expenditure, for over thirty years of the Church’s life, but sadly, like all buildings, that has now got to be addressed.
UPDATE ON REPAIRS
With your help some work was done in the church and hall.
- The leak in the Margaret Nolan room has been fixed and I am waiting for the room to be redecorated.
- More work needs to be done on the roof over the Stage roof and the Boiler room.
- Urgent work need to be done in the hall bathrooms where damp is causing health and safety risks. It also need to be refurbished for public use and access for disabled.
- The stage and the store rooms need to be cleared and furnished for practical use.
- The hall kitchenette needs updating.
- The Tabernacle has been moved to a central location behind the Altar on the Sanctuary.
- The electrical wiring has been tidied up and lighting improved. I am hoping to have the lights changed to energy saving LED bulbs.
- The windows have been repaired.
- The Sacristy is being cleared and repainted.
- The water tanks in the room over the sacristy need to be removed.
- The Church toilets need to be renovated.
Work will also have to be done on the surroundings of the building in order to comply with the Health and Safety regulations.
Some of the work has been done with the help of your contributions for roof repairs and general building work.
Thank you to all of you for your generosity.
Let us continue to look after our Church that it may be a place of safety and comfort to those who worship here.
ST GEORGE’S HOSPITAL CHAPLAIN
If you or a family member are admitted to St George’s Hospital and would like to see a priest, please contact Fr Mark Higgins, the hospital chaplain on 020 8725 3069 or e-mail email@example.com. In an emergency, please ask the ward staff or 020 8672 1255 (switchboard) to contact the priest on call.
HEARING AID INDUCTION LOOP SYSTEM
Please put their hearing aids on the ‘T’ setting when in church to get the clearest reception of services
Thank you to the Safeguarding team, Members of the various groups in the parish will soon be instructed on what they will need to do with regards to DBS check.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION UPDATE
If you have any questions about what constitutes personal data or anything else which relates to GDPR please contact The Diocesan Finance Office via email: GPDR@finance-rcdsouthwark.org or call 020 7960 2500