Please check this page and I will keep you updated on the situation as it develops.
If you are unable to leave your home for any reason please phone me and leave a message if I am not here. You may also contact me by email or a text message on the parish mobile number. There are a number of parishioners who are willing to go shopping, collect your medication or run other errands for you. I would like to thank you all for your concern for those who are vulnerable. Keep well and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
fr patrick ryan
11th April 2021
CURRENT RULES FOR COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- The Church is open for mass. 30 individuals will be allowed into the church at each mass.
- For Sunday mass, please register yourself by coming to the parish office at any time on Tuesday or Thursday to fill in the form for any mass. On Sundays the main door will opened at 10.30am for those who have registered for the mass.
- For the weekday masses, you can fill in the form available in the church. The limit of 30 individuals still apply. Please enter by the back door of the church.
- For all masses, please come at least 15 minutes before mass starts as the door of the church will be closed when the mass starts. You will need to sanitise your hands before you enter the church. You will need to wear a mask unless you are exempt. Once in the church, take your seat and please do not move around. Before you leave the church please take all your belongings with you. Please bin all tissues and do not leave it on your seat or on the floor of the church. Help protect the health of those who clean the church.
- The church is also open for private prayer at any time.
- Dedicated volunteers are needed to help sanitise the church after every mass. Only three volunteers are needed for each mass: one for the Porch and two for the main body of the Church.
- It may be possible to have another mass at 9.00am only if more parishioners wish to attend and we have stewards and helpers to clean the church after the mass.
- It would be helpful if those who can attend on a weekday do so and leave Saturday and Sunday free for those who cannot attend during the week.
SICK AND HOUSEBOUND OF THE PARISH
In charity, let us remember to pray and care for all in the parish who are unwell:
Mervyn Maciel, Suzie Beckles, Maureen Price, Eileen Rendle, Aida Sidbal, Margaret Sully, Sheila Albutt
LET US REMEMBER ALL WHO HAVE DIED RECENTLY
Let us remember those who have died and their families with love and affection during this time of grief.
May the Lord grant eternal rest to all who have died.
GIFT AID, OFFERTORY COLLECTION, SECOND COLLECTIONS
A collection drop-off basket will be placed on the altar at the back of the church if you wish to drop off your offertory contribution.
If you would like to become Gift Aid Donors you can find more details here.
You will also find “Standing Order” instructions if you wish to contribute to Holy Family Parish in that way.
More work needs to be done on the roof of the hall where there is serious damp on the ceiling of the Margaret Nolan room and the ceiling of the Boiler room is damaged. The roof of the priest’s house also needs to be looked at. Looking ahead the Church needs to be completely redecorated, the electrical wiring completely overhauled/replaced, together with the Sound System and Safety features updated. Some fellow Parishioners have asked, “Why now?”. Well the answer is, we have been very lucky as a Parish, with virtually no major maintenance expenditure, for over thirty years of the Church’s life, but sadly, like all buildings, that has now got to be addressed.
ST GEORGE’S HOSPITAL CHAPLAIN
If you or a family member are admitted to St George’s Hospital and would like to see a priest, please contact Fr Mark Higgins, the hospital chaplain on 020 8725 3069 or e-mail email@example.com. In an emergency, please ask the ward staff or 020 8672 1255 (switchboard) to contact the priest on call.
HEARING AID INDUCTION LOOP SYSTEM
Please put their hearing aids on the ‘T’ setting when in church to get the clearest reception of services
Thank you to the Safeguarding team, Members of the various groups in the parish will soon be instructed on what they will need to do with regards to DBS check.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION UPDATE
If you have any questions about what constitutes personal data or anything else which relates to GDPR please contact The Diocesan Finance Office via email: GPDR@finance-rcdsouthwark.org or call 020 7960 2500